Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 5 Diaries

Well, week 4 did kick my ass big time. Doing 12 reps/set and doing 3 sets back to back with just a minute long break between them was intense. But I survived, though I must admit that I did cheat at times. I may have not reached 12 reps in the later sets, 8 maybe 10 reps at times. I also made the Platinum Milkshake for the first time. It was tasty, nutritious and god damn heavy! It is high in protein and loaded with fiber, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and of course antioxidants. Below is the recipe. Please note that the amount of milkshake that can be made by the contents listed below is in my experience good enough for 2 people. So please adjust accordingly.

  • 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
  • 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries (I could not find them that day, so I used frozen mixed berries. They are equally good)
  • 1 serving of nonfat dry milk (this comes out to three tablespoons)
  • ½ cup 100% orange juice
  • 1 small handful walnuts

Add water to taste. I bet you will love this one. You can actually replace this shake as your evening meal or mid-morning meal (before lunch and after breakfast). This shake is 563 calories, 75 grams of carbohydrates, 20 grams of protein and 22 grams of fat.

Below are some foods that you may want to include in your daily diet. They are very beneficial for you in many ways:

  • Walnuts: great source of omega-2 fatty acids and fiber
  • Tea: helps in fat loss, cardiac improvement, cholesterol reduction, stroke reduction, enhanced endurance
  • Spinach: great source of vitamins and minerals. Also a great source of iron, fiber, beta-carotene (a powerful antioxidant)
  • Blueberries: nothing has more fiber/gram than blueberries. They are loaded with antioxidants and a great source for vitamin c
  • Black beans: great source of fiber and proteins and healthy carbs
  • Eggs: inexpensive source of complete protein and full of vitamin E, choline, and lecithin
  • Yogurt: great source of protein, calcium, and healthy bacteria for your gut
  • Tomatoes: great source of lycopene, important protector of prostate health and great source for vitamins A and C

I managed to read the book a little more and realized what lay ahead for me. Pain and more intense workouts! I shall be finishing off the Bronze Body phase this week and am gearing up for Silver Body phase starting Week 6. There are big terms like supersets, interval cardio that are thrown around and that scare me. But hey, no pain, no gain!!! So will post the last bronze body workouts tomorrow.


 

Hope you all enjoy them!

KJ


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0