Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bronze Body: Week 2- Time for lift-off

So the time is finally here. Tomorrow is the first day of week 2. The exercises start tomorrow. Before I jump into what I am going to do tomorrow, I measured myself in certain important categories. Here are the results:


Weight: 176.4 lbs
Height: 5' 10.5"
BMI: 25.0 (normal should be between 18.5 and 24.9)
Body Fat Percentage: 21.1% (normal should be between 8.0 and 19.9)

Please note that though I have been using free-weights all this while, I shall be starting off on machines. The reason for this being that I have been off the weights for almost 2 months and the muscles need to get used to the strain of lifting weights. This is a sort of pre-conditioning for the muscles. After a warm up for 5- 10 minutes, here is a list of exercises that I am going to do this week.:
  • Quads: Leg Press/ Leg Extension Machine
  • Back: Rowing Machine
  • Abs: Crunch Machine
  • Chest: Pressing Machine
  • Triceps: Triceps Machine
  • Biceps: Biceps Machine
  • Shoulders: Overhead-press machine
  • Hamstrings: Lying/Standing Curl Machine
I shall be doing 15 reps / set in week 1 and week 2. There will be an rest interval of 30 seconds between sets. Performing the above exercises once will complete one circuit. I shall do one complete circuit in week 1 and 2 circuits in week 2. After completing this workout, I shall be walking/running on the treadmill for 55% of my MHR (Maximum Heart Rate) for 10 mins. Your MHR can be calculated as follows: 220- your age. So my MHR is 220-26= 196. So 55% of my MHR is 106.7 or 107.

This workout shall be done 3 times a week. Monday/Wednesday/Friday.

I shall post videos of the above exercises (courtesy www.youtube.com) later this week.

Keep readinng!!

Ciao,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0