Monday, February 8, 2010

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My resolution for the year 2009 was to work out 4 times a week and have a beach body by July/August 2009. That rarely happened. I even hired a personal trainer to help me get in the "Zone". That experiment yielded some results, but as soon as the trainer's services were done, I fell back to my old ways.

Then came August 2009. Looking at myself and the failed result, I decided to start again. This time, however, I took it slow. Starting at a measly 2 days a week, I started getting back into the habit of going to the GYM. Then slowly, I increased it to 3 days, then 4 days and finally 5 days a week from November 2009. I also started counting calories starting October 2009 to help me in my quest. The goal: My brother's wedding in December 2009. I had to get back in shape and show my parents that I was not a lazy ass who rarely exercised!!!I must say that I did achieve some great results. I dropped 10 pounds and was feeling a lot better, had a lot of energy and motivation.

The reason for this blog is that I am starting a new workout regimen and I wish to document it and share it with the world. This project was in part inspired by "Julie and Julia" and is on the same lines. The book by Julia Child helped Julie Powell become a better person. I hope that that what I am about to do will make me a more disciplined person. The regimen that I am about to start is going to be based on L.L.Cool.J's book:
LL Cool J's Platinum Workout: Sculpt Your Best Body Ever with Hollywood's Fittest Star that you can all buy at Amazon.com or any book store.

Whatever exercises that I shall list in the blog are completely based on what is in the book. All the routines listed are copyrighted to the authors and I am merely using it for getting into shape. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners.

Hope all of you enjoy my journey as I navigate through L.L. Cool.J's rigorous training regimen!!!

KJ


1 comment:

  1. Documenting always helps. I also believe group workouts are more fun/ motivational.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0